- Your rental time will start as soon as you receive your ticket, and end after that 24 or 48 hours depending on your selected rental option. Therefore, you should consider to not book it too early to not have your ticket expired before you actually need to use it.
- It usually takes us from 5 minutes to 3 hours to deliver a ticket, therefore, you should not book your ticket too late. Don't wait until you're asked to show an onward ticket to book it. Always have it booked and delivered before you leave for the airport.
- We process bookings in our normal ticket office hours from 8AM - 11PM GMT+7. Therefore, you should make your booking within our office hours to avoid delays.
- If it's too difficult for you to decide when to book it, you should make your booking NOW and select the option "I want to receive my ticket later. (No delays, served 24/7)". It will allow you to set up a schedule for us to deliver the ticket to you and start the rent at any time of your choice.
Please be advised that some airlines display names on tickets with this format: FirstNameMiddleNameTitle [space] LastName. For example, if your name is "Mr John William Smith", it may display as "JohnWilliamMr Smith", and it's totally legitimate.
No. If your booking has been processed and ticket has been sent to you, you cannot request for a name change. Make sure you type your name correctly when booking.
Sometimes, we are unable to find an available flight with the route you request with our airlines, or the ticket is too expensive for us to pay for, we will then have to change the destination of your ticket. For example, if you request a ticket from Indonesia to France and our airlines don't operate that route, we will book a ticket from Indonesia to Thailand for you instead, and it still gives you a valid proof of onward travel. Please contact us
in advance if the destination of your ticket has to be correct.
If you want your ticket to last more than 48 hours, please contact us
for a quote and see if it's possible. We are able make it last as long as until 1 day before the departure date (on your onward ticket) on some routes & airlines. For example, if you've booked an onward ticket for August 19, 2016, we can make it last until August 18, 2016.
There are some factors that can say your ticket is valid:
- Ticket is sent or forwarded by the airline.
- Ticket is manageable on the website of the airline and shows paid/confirmed status. After you have received your ticket, go to the airline's website, select booking management tool which usually reads as "Manage My Booking", "My Trip", "My Booking", etc... and use your booking code & your last name to login.
We don't require you to input an email address when you make a booking, we collect it automatically from your PayPal transaction. Therefore, all the emails from OnwardFly for your booking are sent to that email address.
Booking process is done manually by our ticket staff. After you make a booking, your order will be put into a sequence to be processed. Normally it would take as fast as five minutes and as long as two hours if your booking is made within our ticket office hours (8AM to 11PM GMT+7). Our ticket office is open everyday. We have the service available 24/7 for bookings made with ReceiveLater option selected.
A 24 hour ticket means the rental time of the ticket is 24 hours. A 48 hour ticket means the rental time of the ticket is 48 hours. After the ticket is booked and sent to you, you will have 24 or 48 hours to use it. If you book a 24 hour ticket, we will cancel it after 24 hours. If it's a 48 hour ticket, we will do that after 48 hours. Once the ticket is canceled, it will no longer be a valid ticket. So make sure to select an appropriate rental booking option which will be sufficient to make it valid at the both checkpoints (one checkpoint at the check-in counter of your departure airport, and one checkpoint at the immigration of your arrival airport).
Purchasing refundable tickets to use as "temporary" onward tickets used to be a well known trick of travelers, but why shouldn't you do that anymore? Here are some reasons:
- It's time consuming to find a refundable ticket.
- You have to pay off a large amount of money for the ticket and that money will be held until it's completely refunded.
- It's NEVER free. When you pay for the ticket, the payment gateway that the airline/agency uses will charge either you or the airline/agency a fee for the transaction. If it charges you, you will lose some money instantly. If it charges the airline/agency, they will deduct that fee to the amount you paid before sending the refund to you. Plus, when a refund is made, another transaction fee is added. Yet, your bank charges too. They also charge for transaction fees, and if you didn't pay for the ticket in your currency, they will charge an extra fee for the currency conversation at an unfair exchange rate.
- It's risky. If you don't remember to cancel, you can't contact to cancel, or you are on a long haul flight and cannot cancel your ticket before the 24 hour period ends, you will lose the money you paid for that ticket.
- It's yet again time consuming to cancel the ticket and wait for the refund. It could take months for a refund to be issued.
Apparently, it gives you more hassles but still costs you. OnwardFly is made to help you save your money, your time, and to free all the hassles, all the risks, to let you enjoy your trip.
An onward ticket can be required, based on the countries' entry requirements (which may or may not include the onward ticket). Many countries insist a flight ticket be held out from their country, which must be presented upon arrival at immigration. They set this requirement, so that if travelers run out of money, the country is certain that the traveler will depart. In the past, travelers would remain in a country supporting themselves by illicit employment. Without an onward ticket, a traveler may be refused entry to these countries and subsequently placed on the next plane for the destination from where he arrived.
An onward ticket
is a proof of a booked train or airline ticket originating from the country about to be entered.
An onward ticket reflects any of these:
- a round-trip airline ticket
- an airline or train ticket from one country to another
- a one-way airline ticket to a country with an onward ticket requirement as a stop-over
This website uses PayPal to process payments. In case you don't have a PayPal account, you can use your credit/debit card to pay without the need of opening an account, as PayPal allows that. Under PayPal login form in payment page, select "Pay with a credit or debit card".
With software like Photoshop, you can easily fake an onward ticket from a template, but we NEVER recommend you to do that. Why? Because we, and a lot of other travelers, have tested and figured out that they can check and do check the validation of your onward ticket easily. Airlines and immigration have software to check if a ticket is valid or not by using passenger's name and booking code. You actually can check it yourself with the Manage My Booking page of every airline's website.
What if you get caught using a fake ticket? You will be either forced to buy a ticket on the spot, or denied to board your flight, or deported. It's totally not worth the risk.